In order to cope with enormous future increases in Danish offshore wind power, 12 companies, including DONG Energy and Bluewater Energy Services are already planning the establishment of a Green Offshore Centre in Esbjerg.
Historically, in addition to its success as a fishing port, Esbjerg established its position as one of the country's major export centres.
The market square (Torvet) was positioned at the centre, midway between the harbour and the railway station.
In 1893, Esbjerg became a municipality in its own right (initially known as Esbjerg Ladeplads), receiving the status and privileges of a market town in 1899 and incorporating the parish of Jerne (east of the centre) in 1945.
Developed under royal decree from 1868 until 1874, the harbour was officially opened in 1874, with rail connections to Varde and to Fredericia, an important hub on the east coast of Jutland.More recently, it has become a centre for shipping offshore wind turbines. Single test für mann In addition to handling 65 percent of all Danish wind turbines, which supply 3 gigawatts (4,000,000 hp) of offshore wind power, components have been shipped to various British wind farms.The Esbjerg Performing Arts Centre was completed in 1997 to designs by Jan and Jørn Utzon.When approached by sea, the Man Meets the Sea is one of the prominent monuments, consisting of four 9-metre-tall (27 feet) white-coloured men, overlooking Sædding Beach.
Match dating Vordingborg
Before World War II, there was a large butter factory, Dansk Andels Smørpakkeri, employing some 150 workers while after the war the town developed agricultural industries, especially for meat processing and packaging with a plant employing over 300.The town holds an annual music festival spanning two weekends (nine days) in mid-August.Lonely Planet remarked that "nobody comes to Esbjerg for a holiday, in fact, as with many industrial ports, most visitors rush through as quickly as possible". Esbjerg is the main town for Denmark's oil and offshore activities, with companies like Maersk, Ramboll, Stimwell Services, ABB, Schlumberger, COWI and Atkins all having offshore-related activities in the town. The port has served the Danish offshore industry since oil and gas were first extracted from the North Sea in the early 1970s.The slaughterhouse and meat packaging facility, Esbjerg Andels-Slagteri, established in 1887, became Denmark's sixth largest by 1962.
It later became part of Vestjyske Slagterier in 1986, and in 2001, it was acquired by Danish Crown.) is a seaport town and seat of Esbjerg Municipality on the west coast of the Jutland peninsula in southwest Denmark.By road, it is 71 kilometres (44 mi) west of Kolding and 164 kilometres (102 mi) southwest of Aarhus.Ultimately, it handled produce from 140 dairies spread across the whole of Jutland.After the Second World War, the town developed several agricultural industries, especially meat processing and packaging with a plant employing over 300.